We are almost halfway through 2014 and social media shows no sign of slowing down. If you’re not already actively tweeting or posting to Facebook, you’ll need to get your business on there now before you’re too late to the party. It’s easier to jump in while it’s hot, because at least then you can start building up a presence quickly.
Or, if you’re already active, you’ll need to start thinking of some creative ways to stand out from the ever-growing crowd. What makes you different? Why follow your account out of the billions out there now?
A visually stunning motiongraphic produced by 24MotionDesign showcases some amazing facts about social media that would surely tell you the immense importance of social media in today’s global society.
Here are some of the statistics that blew us away:
- 73% of online Americans use a social networking site
- 4 billion videos are viewed everyday on YouTube
- 172,800 new accounts are created on LinkedIn per day
- 5 tweets per second contain a Vine link
- 350,000,000 photos are shared every day on Snapchat